Books in your language

Books in your language

Friday 5 June 2009

Wikis

I heard about Wiki for a long time, never atempt to using it, maybe I just not sure that I could trust those informations as anyone can add and delete them. I really amazed when I looked at some of the wiki site.

It is a good idea if we could use wiki to do book reviewing on our libraries webside. Readers will be able to share their thought about a book or an author. They could edit, change and save their work over the others and so on.

How about having a wiki on libraries webside for children's multicultual reading program where readers could find a story in English and translate to their own language and changed by other for better result . As an Vietnamese speaker, lots of time pick up a children book with a funny translation ( I really mean funny - the words have no connection to the meaning of the story?????), I lost the interests reading the book to my children.

No comments: